Farmacopia is guided by an experienced, innovative & Passionate Management team.
Renée Ellison, Founder
- 17+ years of communications/marketing with focus on health promotion and chronic disease prevention, project managed multi-million dollar advertising campaigns (including controlled substances)
- Public Health Agency of Canada, Health Canada, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Agriculture Canada
- Aided in developing Marijuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR) and in-depth understanding of stakeholders & industry
- Advertising experience at Cundari and Agency 59 – clients- Interac Association, Panasonic, BMW, Hudson Bay Company
- 5 years Pharmacy Technician, Shoppers Drug Mart
Mary Beth Williamson, CMO
- CMO, Jamieson Labs, Canada’s #1 vitamin and supplements company. Led department of 28 with multiple marketing functions including: brand management, insights, media planning/purchasing (traditional and digital), digital and social media management & creative studio.
- Director Consumer Insights, Pepsi Co Canada: Transformed Insights function at PepsiCo Canada into strategic business leaders Impacting the $3.4 billion business with +$11 million budget .
- Vice President, Marketing:Master Brand and Innovation, Maple Leaf Foods:Led the strategy and communications plan for Maple Leaf's consumer confidence recovery from the highly publicized 2008 national product recall.
- Director of Marketing, Proctor and Gamble: launch of P&G in post-Communist Eastern Europe (based in Prague), creating a $100 million Czech & Slovak business. Appointment as the first female Tide Brand Manager, Canada's largest brand.
Michael Smith, CEO
- 25 years of marketing, branding and operational experience taking start-ups to scale
- Founder/CEO- CIM ltd, 3rd party sales agency, clients included-HP, Disney, Microsoft, RIM, Pepsi co- recognized as Canada 50 best manage companies Platinum, sold in 2012 to Acosta
- CEO – Launch Brand Marketing, clients included LCBO, Loblaw, Dairy Farmers, sold in 2015 to Mosaic Canada
- Founded- FishHunter – worlds first wifi based portable castable fish finder, sold to Navico (Lowrance) in 2017
- Chairman- Dragon Fx Software- software development company for automated currency trading
Hugh Bowman, COO
- 20+ years of experience with the produce industry in operations, growing, packaging, and sales and marketing
- President with the Ontario Produce Marketing Association (OPMA), Director with the Agriculture Adaptation Council, Horticulture Value Round Table (AAFC/CFIA), and Canadian Produce Marketing Association (CPMA)
- Youngest recipient of Ag industry “Produce Person of the Year” award
Ian Hurda, Director of Quality Assurance and Scientific Affairs, M.Sc.
- Biochemistry experienced QC Lab Technician with Health Canada
- Experience with ISO 17025 lab design & implementation, GLP and pharmaceutical GMPs
- Experience in regulatory evaluation of workspace environmental air and water quality
Justin Shimoon, Chairman
- 20+ years of software development experience with an emphasis of SaaS
- Founder & CEO, Sitebrand Inc.; took public on the TSX via a CPC in 2008
- Founder & CEO of AffinityClick Inc. & Makers of Top 3 Grossing Mobile App (Hushed) ~ 8 digit yearly revenue
- Top 40 under 40 winner and the recipient of the Wes Nicol Entrepreneurship award